Welcome to our 2nd Wellness Wednesdays Blog!
This week we have another plant based recipe; a FULL plate perfect for lunch or dinner! Featuring roasted portobello mushrooms, hand-mashed garlic potatoes, and kale greens. Ready in an hour or less.
After (unintentionally) transitioning from an all-inclusive diet to a completely plant based one, I made it a part of my mission share recipes, health benefits, and tutorials on whole foods once I saw how large of an improvement I had in my mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional health post-transition.
Remember: you are what you eat. Literally.
FOREWARNING I do NOT measure my seasonings. I just go off of what feels like enough for me so if you absolutely need measurements, go with 1 tsp of seasonings where they're listed.
Prefer visuals? Check out the recipe on our YouTube channel.
Pink Himalayan Salt
BRAGGS 24 Herbs + Spices Blend
4 whole Portobello Mushroom Caps
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
3 cloves Fresh Garlic
6 Russet Potatoes
1 15 oz can Coconut Cream
1-2 bunches Fresh Kale
- Grab 2 large pots. Fill one about half way with water, and pour the entire carton of Vegetable Broth in the other. Turn both on medium heat.
- While your water heats up, cut your 6 Russet Potatoes into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut each 1/2 inch slice into fourths.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, pink Himalayan salt, and cayenne pepper to the pot with the heating vegetable broth.
- Thoroughly rinse your kale and peel the leaves from the stem. Place leaves in the pot of vegetable broth. Cover with lid to allow kale to steam. Stir occasionally.
- Once water is boiling, add your sliced potatoes to the pot. Chop 1 clove of garlic and add to the boiling potato pot. Check occasionally until potatoes are soft and squishy. For reference, check out our video.
- While potatoes are boiling and kale is steaming, rinse and destem your portobello mushroom caps and cut them into 1/2 inch thick slices. Add sliced mushrooms to a large bowl.
- Season sliced mushrooms with garlic powder, onion powder, BRAGGS 24 herbs + spices blend, smoked paprika, and cumin.
- Add 1/2 cup of vegan Worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of coconut aminos to the seasoned mushrooms. Toss thoroughly.
- Add tossed mushrooms to aluminum foil. Place in an oven safe pan and completely cover mushrooms with foil. Roast for 30-35 minutes.
- Once your potatoes are soft and squishy, drain the water and pour them back into the pot. Turn heat down to low. With a large spoon or potato masher, thoroughly smash the potatoes until they reach a desired consistency.
- In a small saute pan, add 2 heaping tablespoons of vegan butter, 2 sliced garlic cloves, pink Himalayan salt, and BRAGGS 24 herbs + spices blend to the pan. Stir as necessary to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the entire 15 oz can of coconut cream to the pot of potatoes. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Add garlic butter to pan of potatoes and stir until evenly distributed. Add additional pink salt or BRAGGS if desired.
- Remove mushrooms from oven, turn heat off of kale greens and potatoes and serve.
Tried this recipe out? Let us know how you like it in the comments below!
Be sure to shop organic, handmade beauty, body, and skin care right here on benebeautybybri.com !